What is known as Bernardino General Hospital Corporation had a humble beginning. It started as a maternity clinic founded on September 1987. It was named Bernardino Medical Maternity Clinic located at Rockville Subdivision Phase II. The clinic catered and served out patients and maternity clients within the vicinity.
The devotion, dedication and endeavor of the founder and her group of friend-doctors paid off and a hospital was built and started its operation on February 14, 1994. This hospital is known as Bernardino General Hospital I. It started as a three-storey building having a twenty-three (23) bed capacity, categorized as a general secondary hospital.
In response to the growing needs for more health care facilities and to satisfy the demands of the patients, continuous expansions were initiated as follows:
• 1995– An additional floor was created making it a four-storey building and increasing the number of bed capacity.
• March 1, 1999– A branch hospital was established known as Bernardino General Hospital II. It is located at Zabarte Road, Novaliches, Quezon City. It is categorized as primary hospital with twenty five (25) bed capacity.
• June 19, 2001– Bernardino General Hospital II was categorized as a secondary hospital. At present it is a four storey building with a thirty-five bed capacity.
• October 2002– Bernardino General Hospital I bed capacity was increased to 54 beds. 2-D Echo, Video Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy, Laparoscopy were made available.
• September 18, 2005– Another expansion was made in Bernardino Hospital I increasing its bed capacity to eighty (80).
• October 2006– Nine (9) new OPD clinics and new services were added.
• March 15, 2007– Hemodialysis Department was inaugurated. It is located at the fourth floor with ten (10) beds accommodation.
• April 24, 2007– Started operation of CT Scan services and 3-D Ultrasound.
The hospital is a family-owned corporation. Dr. Yolanda Bernardino-Lim is the Founder and Chairman of the Board, whereas Mr. Dalton C. Lim is the CEO and Treasurer. The other family members are assigned to various aspects of the hospital operations.
Bernardino General Hospital I and II serve as a training hospital for doctors, nurses, midwives and other health care professionals. The hospitals are known to have competent medical practitioners, well-trained staff and up-to-date facilities and equipments suitable for the health care needs of the community it serves. BGH hospitals are members of Philippine Health Association and accredited in the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation.